Hey there! Good to be back, and today I am here with another article Introverts VS Extroverts. To find out your personality trait read the rest of the post. For one thing, to mention, I am not a psychological student neither I’ve ever tried to read psychology. According to my recent study, I found that we are all surrounded by two kinds of people Introverts and Extroverts.
And to my surprise, I am an introvert myself. You can also find out your personality trait at the end of today’s article. Do share it in the comments box below. I’ll be happy to read them.
In the 1960s, famous psychologist Carl Jung described these two personality characteristics. He further explained that introverts are the opposite of extroverts. Because they need time alone to recharge while extroverts refuel by being with others. Extroverts are open-minded and they sometimes recall as the life of a party.
However, we know now that these personality traits are not all or nothing. According to research, it is founded introverts can have some characteristics of extroversion. They may like to throw parties or perform a dance on stage. Whereas, extroverts may like to have their own ‘ME time’ to refuel and prefer to work alone.
INTROVERTS VS EXTROVERTS
Introverts are the people who are reserved, prefer spending time alone, quiet, thoughtful, shy, reliable, genius indeed, but dislike being promoted. They don’t like or seek attention, as being around with people can make an introvert feeling overwhelmed and exhausted.
Extroverts are the people who sociable, talkative, outgoing, lively, care-free, optimist, touchy, and active. They like social gatherings, going out to parties, talk with strangers, never get bored neither let anyone get bored when they are around. You would love to have an extrovert friend. Because they keep you engage in their talks.
The following are some personality traits of introverts and extroverts.
- They need some ‘Me time’ after social engagements. Going out to parties isn’t a favorite thing of an introvert. They prefer some time alone with a good book to read. They mostly dislike being around strangers. Surely, extroverts call them ‘boring’ for such an attitude of talking less than usual. But what to do it’s in their nature.
- Extroverts love social gatherings, they never miss Friday night out with friends. While Introverts are self-entertaining.
- Introverts prefer to work alone, whereas extroverts are the opposite. However, recent studies show that extroverts also enjoy working alone when they really need to focus on something important.
- ‘Quantity does not matter, quality does’, This is how an introvert thinks when it comes to making friends. They have a small circle of friends, unlike extroverts, cause they can be befriended with strangers or make acquaintances.
- Introverts are daydreamers, creative, introspective, and curious. They want to try things out of their minds. In history, we can find great introverted people such as; Albert Einstein, Newton, Rosa Parks, Bill Gates and etc.
- They prefer writing over talking. In this case, I can completely relate myself to being an introverted personality. Yeah, I prefer writing over talking. When It’s harder to explain the things going on in my mind I prefer to write my thoughts down on pages, or my website.
- Introverts ‘FEEL’ more, one study shows that they over-analyze every little thing and this is how they can be diagnosed with depression. They overthink a lot which eventually led them to feel unhappy. While extroverts are care-free, they just ‘go-with-the-flow’.
One thing to keep in mind, most people are not purely introverted or purely extroverted. They fall somewhere in the middle with characteristics of both.
In the Quiet (book), Susan Cain talks about a spectrum that tells us about how people can determine themselves on the basis of personality characteristics. If you have one or two similar strong characteristics of being an introvert you are more likely to consider yourself an introvert and vice versa.
Thank you so much for your time. This is the end of today’s article. I hope you find what you’re looking for. Share this article with your loved ones.